Fly Control In Vancouver
In Vancouver, flies can be an annoyance, particularly in the warmer summer months. These bothersome insects invade residences and places of business in search of food and locations to lay their eggs. In addition to being bothersome, a fly infestation has the potential to transfer bacteria and pathogens. To keep flies off your property, you must put in place an efficient fly control program.
All Green’s Highly Trusted Fly Control – Vancouver
Residents of the Vancouver area trust All Green Pest Control to manage pest issues like flies. Here are the advantages we provide to your Vancouver home or business:
- Complete and thorough fly control – We treat and then re-treat so that these pesky bugs don’t come back.
- Safe yet powerful methods – We use advanced treatment methods that are safe for humans and pets yet efficient against flies.
- Satisfaction guarantee – Our technicians leave no stone unturned, but if you find additional fly problems after we’ve serviced your home, just call us and we’ll arrange further servicing!
The Dangers of Fly Infestation In The House
Controlling flies is critical because they pose significant health, safety, and economic threats. Flies are capable of transmitting many dangerous pathogens that cause diseases like typhoid, cholera, dysentery, tuberculosis, anthrax, and infantile diarrhea.
Allowing flies to proliferate increases the risk of food contamination and disease transmission to humans and livestock. Flies also cause huge agricultural losses through damage to crops and reductions in livestock productivity from annoyance and skin irritation.
Further, flies detract from business revenue and tourism by negatively impacting a location’s image and perceived cleanliness. You wouldn’t want to visit a business where a fly lands on your food or buzzes around you while you shop!
Preventing fly issues through proactive control measures can mitigate these multifaceted risks related to excessive fly populations. Steps like sanitation, installing screens, and applying targeted insecticides keeps flies away, creating healthier and more productive environments for both animals and humans. Even better, you can get effective fly control services from professionals like the All Green team.
The Need for Professional Pest Control – Vancouver
Professional pest control in Vancouver is necessary for various reasons. First and foremost, these trained technicians are equipped with the knowledge, expertise, and tools to effectively and safely eliminate pest infestations. Attempting to tackle pest problems on your own can be risky and ineffective, as over-the-counter pesticides may not always be the best solution and can pose health hazards if not used correctly. Additionally, professional pest control ensures that the root cause of the infestation is addressed, preventing future reoccurrences.
Because pest control specialists are educated to recognize particular insect species and their habits, they may design specialized treatment programs that are most successful for the given circumstances. In addition, expert pest treatment can shield your family and house from health hazards brought on by pests, like asthma attacks, allergies, and possible disease transmission. You can be confident that your pest issues will be successfully and safely treated by hiring experienced pest control services in Vancouver.
Book Your Fly Inspection
Common Fly Species in Vancouver
There are over 120,000 different species of true flies in the insect order Diptera. The most problematic flies that plague Vancouver homes and businesses include
The most commonly seen fly. They lay eggs in decaying organic material like compost piles and animal manure.
Tiny flies attracted to ripe or fermenting fruit and vegetables, plus drains and garbage disposals
These breed in the gelatinous gunk that builds up inside drains and pipes.
They often get inside attics and wall voids in the fall to hibernate over winter.
Other occasional fly invaders are phorid flies, moth flies, fungus gnats, midges, and blow flies. Identifying the specific fly species helps determine the best control method, and All Green Pest Control is knowledgeable in this.
Step 1: Inspection
A thorough inspection by our technicians is the first stage in our treatment of your fly issues. Our licensed personnel will locate the flies’ nesting point, determine the scope of infestation, and identify the proper techniques to handle it.
Step 2: Plan & Treat
Once an infestation has been identified, our staff will create a tailor-made strategy specific to your pest problem to eliminate flies with optimal results. We use only the highest-quality natural biopesticide that is proven efficient and safe for you and your family.
Step 3: Maintenance
Keeping flies away is as essential as getting rid of them. To begin with, All Green Pest Control makes it easier for you to maintain a fly-free environment by targeting their nests. However, we’ll come back for another round of treatment until these pests are eradicated in the unlikely event that you discover them again!
Fly Monitoring: How You Can Spot a Fly Problem Immediately
Monitoring the number of flies on your property will help you identify a pest issue and prompt you to call professional exterminators. Use pheromone traps, sticky traps, or visual inspections to keep an eye on flies.
Sticky traps catch flies on glue boards, which you place where flies travel and land. Traps near doors and windows catch incoming flies while traps around breeding areas monitor emerging flies.
Pheromone traps use flies’ chemical mating scents to lure them onto sticky surfaces. These target specific species like fruit flies or house flies.
Visual inspections involve actively looking for flies and related evidence like larvae and pupae. Check possible breeding sites like compost piles, drains, and garbage cans for high fly activity. Monitor flies both inside the building and outside in yards or livestock areas. You can also keep written and photographic records to compare fly populations week to week.
When to Call Professional Fly Control Services
Ideally, your home or business should have zero flies. If you notice a few flying around, or if you just don’t go away after a couple of days, it may be time to call a professional pest control team.
Severe fly infestations, certain species, and large agricultural areas often require professional pest control. Trained technicians can:
- Identify the fly species – Some species like phorid flies and moth flies require specialized treatment plans.
- Find the source – An exterminator can inspect to find indoor breeding sites or locate fly nesting areas outdoors.
- Apply insect growth regulators (IGRs) – Professionals have access to IGR products that prevent fly larvae from developing into adults.
- Use advanced equipment – Exterminators have specialized power sprayers, foggers, and misting systems for large barns or gardens.
- Provide followup visits – Our pest company will continue monitoring traps and perform additional treatments until flies are under control.
Look for an established pest control company in your area that has experience dealing with fly problems. With All Green Pest Control, your inspection and estimate are free. Call today at 604-990-0100.
Keeping Flies Away Through Sanitation
Since flies need food, moisture, and sites to lay eggs, sanitation is key for long-term fly control. It’s easier to prevent flies than to get rid of existing infestations. Here are some sanitation practices you can easily implement:
- Remove garbage frequently. Use bins with tight-fitting lids.
- Drain or fill in rain puddles and muddy areas that attract flies.
- Cover food waste containers and clean trash areas regularly to remove food residue.
- Fix leaky pipes, outdoor faucets, and dripping AC units that provide moisture for flies.
- Install door sweeps and weatherstripping to seal cracks where flies enter buildings.
- Screen windows, vents, and doors to keep flies outside.
- Clear away animal manure piles. Spread manure thinly to dry faster.
Natural Fly Deterrents
There are several natural repellents and devices that can help deter flies without using insecticides:
- Fans – Flies have poor flight control in windy conditions. Place fans near entrances or fly-gathering areas.
- Fly zappers – Electric devices that lure flies to a killing grid with UV light. Zappers work best in enclosed areas.
- Essential oils – Oils like eucalyptus, lemongrass, lavender, and mint repel flies when they smell them. You can try oil sprays or diffusers.
- Liquid larvicide – Apply bacillus thuringiensis (BT) bacteria to breeding sites like manure piles and drains to kill fly larvae.
- Fly paper – These long hanging sticky ribbons trap flies in areas with high fly traffic.
- Fly predators – Release parasitic wasps or nematodes that kill fly pupae in manure and compost piles.
Fly Traps and Baits
If flies are already present, traps and baits help reduce and monitor adult fly populations. Different styles work best for certain species:
- Bait stations – Hold granular fly bait that flies ingest when they land inside. Use for house and fruit flies.
- Fly lights – UV bulbs attract flies to an electrified killing grid. Often used in food facilities.
- Bottle traps – Fruit flies enter these jars containing vinegar liquid and drown.
- Ribbon traps – Long strips of colored plastic or tape coated with adhesive capture house flies and stable flies.
- Cone traps – Pheromones lure flies into plastic cones where they get trapped. These can target specific fly species.
Position multiple styles of traps in out-of-the-way spots inside buildings and outside around livestock or gardens. Traps are more effective when used along with sanitation and insecticide methods.
Insecticide Application for Fly Control
Insecticide sprays and dusts can quickly get rid of existing fly infestations. However, improper use can harm beneficial insects or fail to work on resistant flies. Observe these precautions when using insecticides for flies:
- Read and follow all label directions about approved uses and application rates.
- Only apply insecticides labeled for flies and approved for the location.
- Avoid spraying insecticides directly onto food preparation surfaces.
- Alternate between different chemical classes each application to prevent resistance.
- Limit outdoor spraying to targeted fly resting areas like surfaces of buildings.
- Hire a licensed pest control company if treating large agricultural areas.
Surface sprays are typically pyrethroid or organophosphate compounds that provide quick knockdown of flies upon contact. Use these to treat fly resting spots like walls, fences, vegetation, and barn walls.
Larvicides like diflubenzuron kill fly larvae when applied to breeding media like manure and dumpsters. This stops flies from reaching the biting adult stage.
Baits combine sweet food attractants with slow-acting compounds that flies take back to nesting sites. Excellent for indoor control of flies that avoid sprayed surfaces.
Dusts of boric acid or diatomaceous earth desiccate flies that walk across treated areas. Use in wall voids, attics, and under appliances where sprays are difficult to apply.
How to make sure insecticides are applied correctly: If you’re thinking of insecticides for flies, your safest and most efficient option is to call a professional fly control team. This is better than risking toxic exposure or wasting money on ineffective DIY pest methods. It doesn’t cost you anything to call our All Green specialists to inspect your area and design a treatment suited for your premises.
Fly Pest Control FAQ
Q: Which months are Vancouver flies most active?
A: Vancouver flies are most active during the summer months of June, July, and August when the weather is warm and there are plenty of food sources available. Flies thrive in temperatures between 77-86°F (25-30°C), making the summer months ideal for their breeding and activity. They are less active during the cooler months of the year like December, January, and February when temperatures drop and food sources become scarcer. Taking preventative measures during the summer can help control fly populations in Vancouver.
Q: Are flies dangerous? What are the risks of fly infestation?
A: Fly infestations can be dangerous to people’s health and property in a number of ways. Salmonella and E. coli are among the infections that flies often carry, and they can transmit these onto meals and surfaces. Further, their presence may result in a drop in hygiene standards and harm to products and materials used in commercial settings. In addition, fly infestations have the potential to harm a company’s reputation by leaving a bad impression on clients and guests.
Q: Why are there flies in my home?
A: Since flies are always looking for food, water, and shelter, they are frequently drawn to dwellings. They are especially attracted to open food containers, trash, and waste rot. An infestation of flies may also be caused by inadequate cleanliness. In addition, flies can enter houses through ajar doors and windows, and upon entry, they can proliferate rapidly.
Q: How can a fly infestation be prevented?
A: Keeping living spaces tidy and clear of clutter is essential to avoiding fly infestations. By routinely taking out the garbage and putting food in airtight containers, you may help make your home less tempting to flies. Additionally, make sure that all cracks and gaps around doors and windows are tightly sealed to prevent flies from entering the house. It’s also important to maintain good hygiene and promptly clean up spills and trash to help prevent a fly infestation.
Need Flies Control And Prevention? In Vancouver, All Green Pest Control Can Help. Call Today For Solutions!
Vancouver homeowners dealing with a fly problem should strongly consider All Green Pest Control. As a locally owned Vancouver company, All Green understands the West Coast climate and common fly species found in the area. Our technicians can accurately identify which flies are invading your property and apply treatments right at the source. All Green also prioritizes eco-friendly fly treatments to meet Vancouver’s environmental standards using non-toxic methods wherever possible. Call us at 604-990-0100.
In Addition to Vancouver Fly Control…
We provide inspections, exterminations, and seasonal pest management services for insects, spiders, wasps, bed bugs, wildlife control, and more.